A bridal trunk show is a fashion experience arranged by boutiques to showcase a designer’s latest line of wedding dresses from the current season. Since bridal stores carry only a limited number of dresses, a trunk show gives brides-to-be the chance to see items they might not normally have a chance to try on. In the olden days, the latest collection of gowns from a designer were shipped to its retailer in a ‘trunk’, thereby giving this show its name. To ensure you get the best service possible during a trunk show, here are a few tips.
- Trunk shows are by appointment only. Book your appointment in advance as soon as you hear about it. You can always cancel if you need to.
- Arrive at a trunk show with an open mind.
- Only bring along those whose opinions matter. Trunk shows are very busy, if you want to try on as many dresses as possible, bring as few opinions as possible.
- Be ready to purchase on-site. Any incentives at a trunk show are only good for the dates of the show.
- While not all trunk shows will offer deals or discounts on wedding dresses, Trunk Show incentives are usually offered by the boutique during these events.
- Purchases from trunk shows are still ordered. The dresses sent in from the designer are samples only.
- Once the trunk show is over, the dresses for the show will be sent back to the designer.
No trunk shows are currently scheduled.
Book Your Space Now by calling 410-923-2881